The Negotiating With Difficult People™ training seminar, available in either a one or two day format, helps professionals change the way they negotiate even with challenging people. Drawing on more than 50 years of experience with negotiations, we know the challenges inherent in negotiating with difficult people including vendors, customers, upper management and staff. Even as the specifics of the negotiation change, the people element of the negotiating process has many opportunities for discord, disagreement and disruption.
In the Negotiating With Difficult People™ training seminar our unique model of Mutuality, Proactivity and R.E.S.P.E.C.T. helps professionals develop a new set of skills for working with difficult people. For example, Mutuality encourages negotiators on both sides to look for common ground and a relationship based win-win attitude. Proactivity ensures that professionals take steps to lead the way to success through a strong and thorough mutuality-based process. And R.E.S.P.E.C.T. shows professionals how to model Responsiveness, Empathy, Service, Perspectives, Esteem, Courage and Truth-telling as essential ingredients in a successful negotiation. This focused negotiations training program, facilitated through the lens of a busy professional working with a difficult negotiator, is an essential tool for professionals who need to negotiate at work.
- Expands awareness of what makes people come across as difficult
- Increases awareness of how to modify negotiations for each person
- Uncovers the value of understanding differing negotiation styles
- Teaches how to create Range & Alternatives for best results
- Provides a 5 phase approach for extra-ordinary outcomes
- Identifies how to overcome win-lose Tactics used by others
- Expands ability to deal with and diffuse conflict
- Anchors success through use of real-life role play practice sessions
Who Should Attend
- Managers & Supervisors & Team Leaders
- Negotiators at all levels
Every participant receives a copy of the Negotiating With Difficult People™ Workshop Manual including text, work-sheets, and exercises.
One Day Onsite Training Options
The two day Negotiating With Difficult People™ negotiations course may be offered in a one day format with optional follow up coaching. Coaching is a powerful way to develop the new negotiation skills and provide more time for practice and reflection. Contact us for more information about the Negotiating With Difficult People™ training program or to discuss other learning solutions for building negotiation skills.
Other Delivery Options
Ask us about how we can deliver this content via: